Friday, July 10, 2009

TDF COMMENTS: SO STRANGE


1. First off, I totally called today's TdF stage. At least kind of. On my Versus fantasy cycling team, I happen to have a man named Brice Feillu who cost me $5. The only reason I put him on my team was because he was cheap and I figured he must be related to Roman Feillu who wore yellow last year (which I actually remembered). He had been the only guy on my team who hadn't scored me points as of Wednesday, which made me a little disappointed. And then he goes and wins today's stage as the most inexperienced man in the break. It got me nowhere because he was sitting on my bench, but I was cheering for Brice Feillu once I saw he was in the break. The only wrong thing he did was not zip up his jersey when he won. I can't believe he won though. I can't believe he was on the bench when he won.

2. Spartacus finally had to give up yellow. It was sad watching Fabian Cancellara fall off the back because of all he's accomplished so far. He's a fantastic rider. But now there might not be any more interviews with the man until he wins the last time trial. He has really impressed me though, and I love watching him succeed.

3. Sure, it was a hard stage and he might have deserved the win, but I can't help but feel glad that David Millar did not win stage 6. I don't like the guy or his team.

4. Strange things have been happening in the Tour. Cadel Evans attacked. And not only did he attack, he was the first to attack. He's getting pretty desperate if he's not doing the usual wheelsucking.

5. Two french wins in 7 stages. And we haven't even gotten to Bastille Day. Very strange.

7. Even stranger, is the 30 minute commercial free segment on Versus which allowed us to watch the stage finish without being interrupted by granola bars or cars.

8. Watching all the commercials during the Tour makes me wonder about what kind of people they think watch it. As a teenage girl, I beginning to think I'm not their prime audience, after watching multiple male enhancement, hairloss, and eHarmony commercials. Who exactly do they think pro cycling fans are?


9. Forgot to mention this previously, but I was impressed with Robert Gesink finishing with a fractured wrist or whatever it was. He might have dropped out afterwards but he finished that stage which took some courage.

10. Ahhh, the mountains. It's hard not to love them.

1 comment:

Eric said...

What about the snuggie commercials? I mean.....who needs a snuggie in July?