Tuesday, July 21, 2009

OH, JENS

Oh, Jens Voigt. The most beloved member of the peloton became the tragic story on today's mountains. As I watched the stage this morning, when they said big Jens Voigt was in the break, I wanted him to win. He has the largest suitcase of courage. He was dropped off but he's still awesome. Then they said he had crashed, I freaked out. Jens Voigt is amazing. They showed his terrible crash, how he almost got run over by the motorcycle, how he just lay still, and for a moment, I think we were all speechless. Phil and Paul even forgot about Lance. And for the rest of the stage, I could care less about the GC contenders staying together, Cadel Evans losing time, Mikal Arstaloza finally winning (which was pretty great), and most of all Lance. They would show the crash but they didn't know what happened to him. Obviously he wasn't just lying on the road anymore. And then Phil and Paul said he lost conciousness and was on the way to the hospital. Jens Voigt, the best man in bike racing.

I watched a video once, of Jens Voigt and some other guys. They were riding their bikes somewhere and Jens Voigt was talking about how all of Germany hated him because they blamed him for the German cycling scandals. It was so sad. I hope he knows that the rest of the world loves him. And is praying for him to get better.

The pictures on cyclingnews.com are heartbreaking. Poor Jens. He really is absolutely wonderful. I hope he'll be okay. Afterall, Jens Voigt is a legend.

No comments: