Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ELECTION DAY!!

It's finally here. Election day. I don't have an Obama shirt to wear unfortunately but I've seen many so far. The McCain shirts seem to be missing though, or maybe they are just lost among the sea of Obama clothing. I have a big peace sign on my shirt to represent the peace that Obama stands for and it's blue so I'm representing the Democrat part. Since it says Philadelphia, I'm also encouraging Pennsylvania to vote for Obama.

It really seems like it's gone by fast. Like only a couple weeks ago, a bunch of possible nominees were walking through the snow trying to get our votes. As much as it can be annoying (especially those stupid phonecalls where McCain tries to spread lies), I think I'm going to miss it. There will be nothing to bet on at Hubdub, nothing to argue about, no more inspirational HOPE signs. I'll have to find something else to occupy my time.

Election day is very important. Everyone should fufill their duty to this country and vote. The candidate you vote for is only the second most important part, the most important is getting out and voting. Even Starbucks wants you to vote. Go get yourself a free coffee if you like that kind of stuff, although I don't happen to like Starbucks (I feel like the only person sometimes),

I hope Obama wins and I wish him the best of luck. He has shown that he has what it takes and is ready to lead this country. So good luck Mr. Obama.

I did however go running yesterday. I only ran for 19:05 but I was very tired afterwards. After doing some ab workouts, I was about to fall over. It's weird what only a week and a half off can do to your fitness. Today my calves are extremely sore and tight. I really need to stretch them against a wall, but I don't want anyone looking at me strangely. I already walked down a hill backwards and received looks from the 2 or 3 people out raking their leaves. I wanted to tell them that it was good for my hamstrings but by focusing on that I ran into a pile of leaves and almost fell over. My neighbors were all watching me do crunches in my front yard too.

No comments: