Tuesday, October 14, 2008

MY LONG WAIT...FOR THIS?!?!?

So apparently I have waited weeks....weeks to find out that all the doping positives they promised us with in the Tour, a "mountain of positives", we get 4. 1 of which we already knew (Ricco), 1 we kind of knew (Piepoli), and 2 we thought we knew (Schumi and Kohl). Now they are telling us there are no more. I feel let down. Not that I like hearing doping news, but I thought that there were all these doping positives going to come out and it would shake the sport upside down. It really did nothing, nothing I could see. Sure, the cyclists will be less likely to dope, we found out that we were right about the riders who surprised us (that they were doping), and we found out that our favorite riders are clean, or clean from the known drugs. I feel like I keep getting lied to though, by the media, the riders, the race directors. We get told that cycling is being cleaned up, then we are told there was widespread cheating at the Tour, and then we are told that there was just a little cheating. It makes you very confused on who you want to believe.

I may sound like I think pro cycling=doping, but that's not true. There were only 4 cheaters (that were caught) out of over 170 riders. I think that the sport is moving towards being clean, more than other sports. Cycling is catching cheaters, yet it is always talked about badly. Yet other sports who don't catch cheaters, like baseball or track, don't get a bad rap like cycling does.

At least I had a good day in running today. A new 3M Pr (23:14) with only 2 days before a race. Maybe not the smartest run, but it felt good.




No comments: