Friday, October 10, 2008

MY FAVORITE THINGS

There are 2 things I could probably talk on and on about...running and pro cycling. My sport is running, specifically xc and track. I love to watch cycling though, I think the Tour is the best thing ever.

Running will always be my sport. I don't always love running but those days where you feel like you could just keep on going, when you feel amazing, it makes it worth all the bad days. It's the days when you finally have a good race, and set a new PR by 27 seconds and improve by 51 seconds. Or when you aren't happy with your race and your coach has stopped believing in your team tells you (about your race) that it was "so much freaking great". The days when you finally get under 40 minutes for 5 miles, and on the same day you actually co lead the run, for the first time it counts. Or when its cold and raining outside, but you feel great because this is your kind of running weather. It's the days when after your run, the exhaustion you feel actually makes you feel good. Running is just amazing. To understand runners I think you must run. It's too hard to explain the feeling that running gives you, all the feelings that it gives you. The way it makes you fly.

I have debated starting this blog until after the CERA positives that are supposed to come out from the Tour are announced, but I've been waiting too long. We all knew about the ones you've already announced, Schummacher and Piepoli were obvious. But the fact that there is supposed to be all these positives is making me a little nervous and sad. I don't want it to be one of my favorite riders. There are only 2 riders I think that would make me stop following cycling though, that honor belongs to Jens Voight and George Hincapie, everyone's favorites. And if Cav is guilty, I'm going to take that picture down from my bulletein board. And maybe George's too. Jens could make me lose faith in cycling, he's just the best. I think that Jens would make a lot of people lose faith in cycling. Not ever Cancellara, who I like, could do that. Just please don't let it be them. But as always we will have to wait....and wait.

No comments: