Sunday, October 19, 2008

NOOOOOO

I have hamstring tendonitis, starting last Wednesday, the day before our divisional meet. Besides the fact that it sucks for me, it sucks for my team, because it lessens our chance of placing highly at districts. To get to state, my coach said we'd all have to have our perfect race and my perfect race isn't going to happen if I can't straighten my right leg without pain.

This is my first real running injury though. I had runner's knee in middle school and slight shin splints earlier this season, but I don't count those as real injuries because I could still run. I ran 3 miles on Friday but I was in an extreme amount of pain. My coach even told me not to run at all this weekend, which is difficult to do. Difficult to do until I accidently straighten my leg or somehow stretch it and feel how hurt I really am.

This injury also makes me question what right I have to run at districts on Thursday. I could only run 9 minute miles on Friday, so how am I going ro run 2.5 miles in under 16:30? We don't have much chance of making it to state, but as one of five varsity runners, I have to run. My friend ran with a stress fracture in her femur earlier this year, so I think I might have to borrow some of her bravery and use it for my race.

After this week, if we don't make it to state, our xc season is over. If I am still hurt then I won't be able to run, and I won't be able to surround myself with running related things. I need to run though, or else I will fall apart. All these problems make me want to go for a run, but I can't which is the problem in the first place. I think my goal for track season will not to get hurt at all.

No comments: