Wednesday, October 22, 2008

MIRACLES CAN HAPPEN

Tomorrow I will believe in miracles. Not that I don't today. I have a chance tomorrow to make my own miracle. That might be exaggerating a little but that's almost what my team needs to go to state. Tomorrow is my district cross country race and to qualify for state we must get in the top 3. The first 2 places are basically decided, so everyone is trying for third. What we need to get third, is for about 3 other teams to not have a good day and for my team to run an almost perfect race.

The weird thing is, my coach didn't say anything negative today. He told us what we would need to do to qualify for state, not times but places. In his words, he, in his way, gave us hope that we could and would make it to state. He usually doesn't do this, so I think he is going to believe in miracles tomorrow.

I am going to run with hope, hope for a miracle. I want so much to go to state, I have worked so hard. Miracles do happen though. Lance Armstrong won 7 consecutive Tour de Frances. Emil Zatopek was able to come back in the 5000m race at the 1952 Olympics. Michael Phelps won eight gold medals in Beijing. Because these things do happen. I am going to make it happen when I run. I am going to give everything (while pacing myself, if I manage to do that). This is going to be my race, my team's race, our race because we have worked hard for it, and deserve it. We want to go to state and make my coach believe in miracles. So when its below 50 degrees, possibly raining, and very windy, I will be running as fast as I can. I will do everything I can, I will pass those girls. I will do this. Because miracles can happen.

No comments: