Sunday, December 21, 2008

NICKELBACK MUSIC VIDEO

The music video for "Gotta Be Somebody" by Nickelback came out this week. When I first watched it, I was confused and didn't really like it. But after multiple watchings, I'm beginning to like it.



One of the reasons I, at first, did not like the video is because of the fake movie quality thing going on. After a while, I began to think that it actually adds to the video. It may look like a bad home video but it makes it realistic in another way.

I think this song has a deeper meaning than most listeners suspect. The video seems to suggest this song is not about looking for somebody to fall in love with, but to know somebody is there such as God. The video shows planets at the beginning so the line "there's gotta be somebody for me out there" may actually be a way of showing that the song is about God. Also, the way Chad and the rest of the band keep looking up seem to confirm my suspicions. My thoughts may not be right, but it's my take on the song.

No comments: