Sunday, February 15, 2009

BLOGGING

This post is purely for grading purposes, so any followers who actually read my blog, feel free to not read this post.

Blogging has allowed me to connect with others in a way I haven't experienced before. I have found something in common with people I wouldn't have expected to. My followers include a student at UBC, a computer consultant in Ohio, and a paratriathlete who, also from Canada, is trying to qualify for the 2010 Paralymics in nordic skiing. We are so different from each other, but we all have similar interests. Finding people who share my obsessions is what I like most about blogging. In this way, the people who follow the blog are just as important as writing the blog is.

Keeping a blog allows you to really be yourself though. Writing on the internet anonymously plays a part, but being able to write about whatever you want is also important. When people write about something they have interest in, the result is better writing. People are more likely to be committed to something they can exercise a large amount of control in, which makes blogs even better. Access to other resources on the internet is just another added plus.

3 comments:

MJ said...

There are definitely some pretty crazy (cool) things about blogging. Just try explaining to someone who has no idea about it though... they basically think you're internet dating or just weird.

Oh well... it might be a little weird. Whatever....

Cheers,

Eric said...

I'm glad you started blogging and that we are able to read about each other. Keep up the great work.

I found this in the paper Sunday and thought of you.

http://thetandd.com/minipage/today.pdf

Denise said...

Blogging has helped me so much and has kept me on track with running. It's great that we have this outlet.