Tuesday, May 26, 2009

REFLECTION ON BLOGGING

So my blog. I really like it. I like writing on it because it feels like I'm telling someone who cares about what I'm talking about. Sometimes it takes me awhile to write my posts but that's because I have to include all the little details. I like being able to talk about whatever I want, that there's basically no restrictions or guidelines I have to follow. Being able to communicate with people who have the same interests as I do is something that came from this blog. It doesn't even matter how old you are or where you are, I can talk with people about what we both like.

Being anonymous on the internet makes blogging better than writer's notebooks. People who come across my blog aren't going to know who I am and therefore won't have any ideas about me before they read what I wrote. They'll take me at my posts and that's it. I can comment on other people's blogs and don't have to worry about what they're going to think of it because they don't know me. It's easier to talk to someone this way, when you don't really have an idea of who the other person is.

My blog is kind of like a very detailed training log for my running because of what I write about. I know it's not really supposed to be like this but it works for me. It's what I want to talk about and since it's my blog, it's what I'm going to talk about. This blog assignment is something you can adjust so it's something you enjoy. I like blogging and because I get graded for it, even better. It's homework I actually like doing.

1 comment:

Vincent said...

My blog started up for exactly that reason. to be a training log that I would get more detailed recordings of my races and training.

I was already writing it all in e-mails to send to relatives etc, so figured I would put it somewhere I could reference.

keep it up. I love the read.