Sunday, March 15, 2009

PARIS-NICE

I have been so busy blogging about my running that I have failed to mention the Paris-Nice. Not that I was able to watch or follow any of it live, but I did check up on the results every now and then.

My thoughts on the race (results) would be as follows:

1. I thought Alberto Contador would win or at least Frank Schleck. Contador had the most emotional encouragement in my view, so I thought that would help him to the top. Plus he's had a lot of wins lately so I didn't think he'd crack. Not a good stage to have a bad day on.

2. Why does the name Luis León Sánchez of the Caisse d'Epargne team, sound so familiar? He didn't look like anybody I remembered until I thought that he was the guy who wore the yellow shoes and won a TdF stage last year. I looked at many photos before I found one that showed his feet, but when I found it, he was wearing the yellow shoes. I have confirmed his identity and found that yes, he won Stage 7 of the 2008 TdF and was wearing yellow shoes.

3. Are the Chavanel brothers the only successful French riders in the peloton?

4. Why is Contador always pointing his finger when he wins? It's getting a bit creepy the way he's continually doing it.

5. Sanchez did a great job winning this race. It's always nice to see somebody else from a different team win every once in awhile.

2 comments:

Vincent said...

I really don't like Contador's victory point.

Pointing up to the sky, touching your heart, or if your Flecha shooting an arrow.

Vincent said...

http://www.dyhsoluciones.com.ar/laradio/images/flecha.jpg