Monday, January 25, 2010

I'M A WIMP

I am ashamed of myself. I was a wimp today. I was one of those soft people. I did not run.

It wasn't that cold outside but it was really windy and it was also snowing. I was going to run from school but then I decided there was way too much snow on the sidewalks to do so. I could've gone home and ran on the streets but I didn't. I told myself that this would just be my day off because it was miserable outside. But instead I was really just being lazy.

Whenever I decide not to run because the weather sucks or because of any reason, I feel like I should feel good. But I don't, I just get in an extremely bad mood because I'm mad at myself. Which is what I am right now. I'm mad at myself because I didn't have enough motivation to do what I could have. It's true I didn't have a good day and running outside would only have accomplished mental benefits, not physical benefits with about 12 minute miles, and I've been increasing my mileage for weeks while having a day a week off. But that doesn't mean I can be a wimp. Which is why I am posting this on my blog. Not because I need anyone else to read it, but so I can read it and remember what I am supposed to be doing.

2 comments:

the scampering squirrel said...

Funk five words: You are not a wimp.Don't even say that.You have ran over 10 miles in terrible conditions multiple times. You call that a wimp? We all have bad days when we can't motivate ourselves to run because of the weather. Some days we could have run in the conditions. But honestly funk, the conditions that day were horrible. The wind probably would have blown you over. Don't let this get to you, you are amazing and not a wimp.

~Jennaroni
p.s.: since you didn't run that day, now you get to run with me tomorrow!

elephantgeek said...

wow what a wimp!