Saturday, April 4, 2009

THE RONDE

I'll keep this short and sweet because I have a long race report to write.

On April 5, I'll share my birthday with one of the greatest cycling races, the Ronde van Vlaanderen. It's my birthday tomorrow, and one of the greatest presents would be if George Hincapie won the Tour of Flanders. He's one of my favorite riders, not because he wins races, but because he works so hard. A win for him would be epic. And since the Ronde is on my birthday, that would be even cooler. I know it's not likely, with Heinrich Haussler, Pozzato, Flecha, and Boonen there, but I can still hope. I'm not sure I can get up that early to watch the race, wherever it is online. Although, I might make an exception because it is one of the greatest race, or I could just watch it on Versus and avoid the internet for most of the day. I am going to watch the race though because it is going to be so incredibly awesome.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Happy Birthday. Hope the Tour of Flanders is as exciting as you hope. Can't wait to read your latest race report. Wish I had a race report to write.